- CAN I CANCEL MY ORDER?
Your right to cancel an order starts the moment you place your order and doesn’t end until 14 days from the day you receive your goods.
There are some orders where you won’t have the right to cancel, These include items that are bespoke or personalised.
Made up Number Plates are a bespoke item, therefore we are unable to offer a full refund, we can however refund the cost of your postage, accessories, and fitting kits.
- CAN I HAVE MY BUSINESS LOGO OR DESIGN PRINTED ONTO A PLATE?
We can do this in many colours or fonts or add your logo by means of a lipped plate.
Please send over your artwork to email@example.com and one of our design team will be in touch!
- DO I NEED TO SEND DOCUMENTS TO BUY NUMBER PLATES?
Yes, it is a Legal requirement!
To ensure a super speedy delivery please follow the instructions below, and quote your order reference number in all correspondence.
Please send “one” document from “each” list below – Required by law and enforced by the DVLA
We know this can be a real pain but we need to comply with the law, therefore we need to see one form of Identification for the person placing the order, and one form of entitlement for the registration number in relation to your order.
To simplify the process you need to:Show us original documents, these can then be sent back to you in the post with your order if you wish.
Confirm your identification
We need to see “one” document to confirm your identification (This is the identification for the person placing the order)Driving license, whether or not issued in the United Kingdom (UK) (with or without a photo) A bill issued by your electricity, gas or water supplier, a landline telephone bill, or a council tax bill (current within the last six months) or rates bill (in Northern Ireland only) A bank or building society statement A passport, whether or not issued in the UK * a national identity card issued by the government of a state or territory other than the UK A debit or credit card issued by a bank or building society A police warrant card or an armed forces identity card
Confirm your entitlement
We need to see “one” document to confirm entitlement for the registration number (this document doesn’t need to match the identification of the person placing the order, for instance if you are placing the order for someone else)Vehicle registration certificate (V5C or V5CNI) New keeper supplement (V5C/2 or V5C/2NI) Certificate of entitlement (V750 or V750NI) to the number Retention document (V778) – not applicable in Northern Ireland A renewal reminder for vehicle tax or SORN (V11 or V11NI) Temporary registration certificate (V379 or V379NI) A number plate authorisation certificate (V948) with an official stamp from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) or Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) An electronic number plate authorisation certificate (eV948) A letter of authorisation from a fleet operator (including lease or hire company) quoting the document reference number from the registration certificate
Please quote your order reference number in all correspondence.
- DO YOU HAVE NEXT DAY DELIVERY?
Your order will be manufactured and dispatched the same day, providing your order is placed before 3pm (1pm on Monday). As our office is open Monday to Friday, orders placed over the weekend will be processed and dispatched the following working day.
We provide the following services:
1. Royal Mail 24hr Tracked & Signed + £7.99
2. Royal Mail 48hr Tracked & Signed + £6.99
3. Royal Mail Guaranteed Next Day Before 1pm + £9.99
4. Royal Mail 24 Not Tracked/No Compensation + £4.99
5. Royal Mail Saturday Guaranteed Delivery Before 1pm + £10.99
8. European Deliveries within the EU + £19.99
- DO YOU MAKE SHOW PLATES?
Show Plates generally means illegal Number Plates. If you’re looking for illegal number plates then UK ShowPlates is not the place for you. There are a great many less reputable purveyors out there. Many work from their bedrooms and sell illegal number plates on Ebay. Other shady sellers claim to work from outside the UK in order to avoid DVLA laws. You’ll find their web sites show no telephone number or a legitimate UK address. These guys will sell you all the illegal plates you want and they will not ask you for ID or a valid DVLA document which shows you have a right to number plates showing your registration number. Be careful because you may finish up throwing your money down the drain with no chance of getting your money back from an illegal trader.
- DO YOUR PLATES INCLUDE YOUR LEGAL DETAILS?
They certainly do in tiny writing at the bottom of the plates. The details are “ UK Show Plates LS20 9PD BSAU 145d”. This is a legality as it means the police or authorities can check if they are genuine and your vehicle will pass the MOT check. We do not use this for advertising that’s why we keep it so small.
- HOW CAN I SPACE MY REGISTRATION?To mis-space or mis-represent the digits on number plates is an offence under the Road Vehicles (Registration & Licensing) Regulations 1971. Be sure to enter your registration number correctly because the finished number plates will be made to the same spacing you enter into our plate builder. Be sure to enter your registration number as shown on your Tax Disc, Log Book (V5) or DVLA document V796 (available in pdf on the web). This applies to number plates only and not novelty plates (names etc …). Very Important. You cannot simply make up a registration number and use it on the UK highway. Either yourself or the person you’re buying for must already own the registration number you will use. UK Show Plates do not sell registration numbers, we simply make number plates. You can space your registration exactly as you would like and it will be made as you see online, but to be Road compliant you will only need to add one space in the registration and in the correct location. We leave the choice up to you as you know your Registration Number better than us. Please see the examples below.